Are you dealing with an unplanned pregnancy?
We offer free, confidential counseling services to expectant mothers, their partners and their family members as they explore their options to parent or choose adoption. We provide compassionate support and assist with choice making, planning and grief counseling. Our work is based on the following key principles:
- Free and non-obligatory: We support a birthmother’s right to parent or to make an adoption plan, with no charge for services provided. For mothers who choose adoption, we offer some financial support for medical costs.
- Non-judgmental: Birthparents from all walks of life receive decision-making counseling which honors and respects their needs and desires. We serve everyone, regardless of religion, race, national origin, or circumstance.
- Voluntary and client directed: Our services are provided at the request of birthparents, and the counseling process is shaped by the birthmother’s needs and desires.
- Contextual: We serve birthmothers in the communities where they live, offering services all across Montana, before, during and after the baby is born.
- Instructive: Clients receive accurate information about their options and the dynamics involved in birthparent decision-making, relationship building and post-placement issues.
Lutheran Social Services supports open adoption as a relationship built on respect, trust and caring for those involved in the adoption process. We also honor and respect the child’s need for information regarding his or her birth heritage.
For more information, please call 800-726-3083 or contact the office at the location nearest you.