Lutheran Social Services of Montana is a private non-profit organization licensed by the state of Montana as a Child Adoption Agency and Child Placing Agency. While each adoption is handled on a case-by-case basis, the eligibility requirements for LSS’s domestic adoption program include the following:
- Be married at least two years and are residents of the state of Montana.
- Demonstrate physical and mental health as documented by a physician’s report, background checks and references.
- Be willing to participate in the adoption process as practiced by LSS-MT, including openness and communication with birth families.
- Preference will be given to childless couples or those who have one other child in the family.
- Preference will be given to couples who are active within a Christian community of faith and who recognize the importance of faith development within the life of a child.
Eligibility criteria for contract adoptions and international adoptions might vary based on a variety of factors including agency and country regulations.